Maximize gas mileage and power, and increase the overall life of your vehicle, with regular tune ups. Tune ups should happen at least every 30,000 miles or every two years, depending on the age and mileage of the car. A tune up makes sure that often overlooked "little things" work correctly and get replaced if needed.
Here is a typical tune-up:
- Replace the fuel filter. Filters get clogged with particles and it can decrease the car's efficiency and power.
- Change the spark plugs and check the plug wires. Bad plugs or wires lead to mileage inefficiency, loss of power, and rough starts. We'll want to make sure you get new plugs and replace old wires.
- Replace distributor cap and rotor. Some cars do not come these items, but if you have them, we can replace them.
- Check ignition system and timing. Older vehicles rely on ignition timing.
- Make needed adjustments to valves and check/replace gaskets if oil is leaking.
- Belts are an important part of the tune up. We check all your belts and replace them if we see signs of wear and tear.
- Check all fluids and top off any levels.
- Change oil and filter if needed.
- Check and replace air filter.
- Check and adjust clutch in cars with manual transmission.
- Service battery. Clean cables, add distilled water, and clean terminals.
The tune up process and service may vary from car to car or based off time since your last tune up service. Prices may also vary based on your vehicle and selected services.
For your next tune up, email, call, or come down to the shop and set up an appointment.Specialized Tune-Up Services for Asian Cars at Star Automotive LLC
Booking a visit
Do you have a problem with the car?
Do you have any question?
We are located in Newbury Park just off the Ventu Park Road exit from the 101 Freeway. From Thousand Oaks driving west, take the Ventu Park Road exit.
Service Quote Request | 0/20 Synthetic Oil Service | Air Conditioning Service/Repair | Air Filters | Batteries and Electrical System | Belts & Hoses | Brake Service | Check Engine Light | Computerized Diagnostics | Cooling System Maintenance | CV and Drive Axles | Electrical Service | Exhaust Service | Fuel System Service | General Repair | Oil Changes | Radiators | Scheduled Maintenance | Suspension, Shocks, and Struts | Timing Belt Replacement | Transmission Service | Tune-Ups | Vehicle Inspection | Windshield Wipers
Star Automotive LLC
1180 Newbury Rd #B
Newbury Park, CA 91320
Phone: (805) 254-0722